Thursday, August 5, 2010

Other Bands

So we've all been in bands before. Like that's pretty sweet right? Like Jon was in "Christian" band. What a weirdo right? However I once opened up for Tilly and the Wall. They were on some label Connor Oberst ran called Team Love or something like that. Do you think he ever looks down at his wiener and says to it "wow little dude I'm still surprised you're still hanging on."

Ok so here are some mediafire links to stuff I was in the last few years.

Ok first up is Musket. It was me on guitars, bass and vocals and my friend Sam Ness on drums. We both we're obsessed at the time with the bands Nachtmystium and Disfear. So we kinda had a crusty black n roll type of sound. Or a better description was that we were the Metal James Gang. We recorded this demo with Dusty/John Miller at NPRS in Nov. of '09. We played one show at Memory Lanes before promptly breaking up. Like any TRV KVLT band would.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iz2hmmmngnj

Secondly is The Talkers. Which originally was me, Max and Tony Hoff now of taco huffers In Defence. Then later Sam Ness replaced Max after he quit.  I wanted it to be HEAVY. Instead it came out sounding very Am-Rep style. We had a good run for a couple years. Recorded a few demos, changed drummers, played out of town a few times, played with some really good bands like Iron Lung, Big Business and the Melvins. Good times. This demo was recorded at The New Blackberry Way by Neil Weir in the Summer of '07.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7ldt013956v3vdl

And now Teen Eagle. The hip play by his own rules kinda teen. Teen Eagle doesn't listen to ANYBODY. I think this band also coulda been called Fucked-Up Pelican. But that would have brought us all kinds of trouble. If ya know what I mean?!?(I mean lawsuits, yep lawsuits, not law suits. because that woulda been cool, free clothes!!!!) This band consisted of Adam Bubolz and Doug Busson sick punks from the band Charles de Gaulle. Also Donny Lessard from the band Our Midwestern Body. We played a few years. Never really broke up and started playing shows this past summer again. Because Donny was in town from college. But hey we also play our last show tonite at the 7th Street Entry too. cooool.
http://www.mediafire.com/?97sw4yqgmfk1tft

ok thats all for now. I will not be proof reading this. What am I in college? Now I went to Community College we proofread nothing!

-sam

No comments:

Post a Comment